On The Same Breath (originally Georgia Breathes before the eminent expansion) is a deep breath initiative for students to connect to their breath, to connect to each other and to connect their classrooms to other classrooms in their state through 4 breaths practiced for 4 minutes for 40 days.
Once you receive your instructional guide, you'll have all the tools to bring the power of the breath to your classroom.
We love to breath with everyone! 2018-2019 inauguration of Georgia Breathes began with a statewide Breathing Tour. We want to meet and breath with the Deep Breathers, provide deeper, more expansive teachings, and share the sovereign power and delight of breathing together….on the same breath.
We also want to learn what is working, what is or is not clear and wishes for breathing sequences for the upcoming year.
2019-2020 is the year to Get It Together. Why? Most of the students, counselors, administrators and teachers ASKED for anger management breath work. In fact, Tapestry Charter students named this years sequence!
We’d love to visit your school.
RESEARCH SHOWS THE POWERFUL EFFECTS OF CONSCIOUS BREATHING AND AWARENESS:
Prolonged stress has been shown to shrink the hippocampus, the region of the brain responsible for learning, memory, cognition and emotional regulation. At the same time, the amygdala, which determines emotional responses based on sensory information that it perceives as a threat or not, has been shown to increase in size due to its overstimulation.
Developing healthy breathing patterns:
- Calms the stress response thereby increasing oxygen to the hippocampus and reducing the size of the amygdala
- Strengthens focus and attention
- Promotes brain integration
- Fosters deeper and better sleep by releasing physical, mental and emotional tension
- Strengthens self-awareness
This directly and/or indirectly helps the student do the following:
- Learn better stress management and consciously choose right action
- Alleviate anxiety and depression with slow, rhythmic breathing
- Naturally increase blood oxygen, vital for the growth of healthy cells